- Customers who fail to pay their bill by the due date will result in a reminder notice being mailed to the address listed on the account. Payment must be received by the disconnect date on the reminder notice or the account is subject to disconnect. If the service is disconnected, the past due amount plus a reconnect fee of $125 during working hours or $175 after hours, must be paid before service will be restored.
- Prior to disconnect customers have the right to request a conference regarding the payment of the past due amount. In some cases, approval from the Board of Directors may be necessary.
- Disconnection may be postponed or prevented upon presentation of a duly licensed physician’s certificate which shall certify that a customer or resident within the household has an existing illness or handicap which would cause the customer or resident to suffer an immediate and serious health hazard by the disconnection of service. The certificate must be filed with Chimney Rock PPD within five (5) days of receiving disconnect notice and will prevent the disconnection of service for a period of thirty (30) days from such filing. Only one (1) postponement of disconnection shall be allowed.
- Customer may make arrangements with Chimney Rock PPD for an installment payment plan.
- Customers who are welfare recipients may qualify for assistance in payment of their utility bill, and they should contact their caseworker. They must have their caseworker contact our office.
- Customers have the right to address any inquiry or complaint regarding the account to the billing department at Chimney Rock PPD, 128 W 8th Street, Bayard, NE or at 308-586-1824